Body corporate services
In considering a body corporate manager, ensure you are completely briefed on their role and service inclusions. A good body corporate manager will, in consultation with the committee, tailor their service to suit you and your building.
Standard service inclusions
- Dealing with the incoming and outgoing correspondence of the Body Corporate on a regular basis.
- Providing the necessary documentation and expertise to ensure that the Body Corporate is operating within the confines of the Unit Titles Act or any amendments.
- Keeping and maintaining accurate written records including minutes of meetings, financial records and unanimous, special and ordinary resolutions of the Body Corporate.
- Providing the necessary notice and documentation to ensure that meetings are conducted within the guidelines of the Unit Titles Act or any amendments.
- Attending and conducting the Annual General Meeting.
- Taking minutes and distributing minutes to all members.
- Keeping accurate financial records in an auditable form of all income, expenditure, assets and liabilities of the Body Corporate.
- Providing sound budgetary advice for ongoing expenditure and projected maintenance requirements.
- Providing statements of accounts and balance sheets in a standard easy to read format.
- Quarterly Body Corporate contribution invoicing and collection.
- Prompt payment of accounts for Body Corporate expenditure.
- Ensuring that the Body Corporate is insured against stated risks and insurance policies are current.
- Assisting the committee in dealing with complaints regarding breaches of the House Rules and Articles of the Corporation.