Building Caretaker Services
North Management provides caretaker service for many of the larger inner city residential and commercial properties which incorporates cleaning, gardening maintenance supervision and a 24 hour call out service.
Typical caretaker duties and tasks
- 24 hour mobile phone monitoring – call out service. Respond to legitimate common property matters of the building, taking into consideration the time of day and the urgency of the matter.
- Hold and maintain a register all building keys and fobs. Supply these to authorised owners and sub-contractors as required.
- Maintain all building timers for lighting, pumps, pools and alarm systems.
- Monitor rubbish removal and liaise with rubbish contractor as needed.
- Enforce the building house rules and by-laws.
- Carry out common area cleaning as per the schedule.
- Carry out minor maintenance and maintain a small inventory of spare parts.
- Report major maintenance issues to the body corporate manager on an as need basis.
- Visit the property at least 5 days per week, inspect and clean all public common areas, including the car park, pool, gym, lifts, garbage area, gardens and entertainment rooms if applicable.
- Collect all rubbish and empty any common bins including cigarette butts.
- Clean sweep/vacuum and mop all floors as needed.
- Spot clean entrance doors and glass.
- Inspect fire stairs clean if necessary and remove any obstructions.
- Gardens and Lawns weed and mow as needed.
- Car parks sweep or hose.
- Inspect building pumps plumbing and common services as set down in the respective building manuals.